What is Wyoming Mustang Days?
Wyoming Mustang Days is an open horse show explicitly for branded BLM wild horses and burros to compete in a fun yet challenging environment. The show has grown over the years and draws competitors from all over Wyoming, Montana, the Dakotas, Colorado, Utah, Idaho and beyond!
What You Need to Know
This year, Wyoming Mustang Days will utilize the Sweetwater Events Complex in Rock Springs, WY for the show. Any stalling or overnight camping needs are arranged directly through the Sweetwater Events Complex- not the Wyoming Mustang Association. Your horse will need a current negative Coggins, health certificate and brand card to enter the fairgrounds and/or rent a stall. You can purchase shavings from the fairgrounds staff or bring your own. Hay will need to be brought with you or purchased locally. Please contact Shae Lux at the Sweetwater Events Complex to reserve your stalls ($20 per night) or RV spots ($30+tax per night) 307-389-5618
Wyoming Mustang Days hosts several divisions based on rider age, horse ability and the rider's status. Please note that if you enter the Green Horse division, you may not cross enter that horse in any additional divisions. The same is true for Leadline riders.
- Junior Youth: Open to riders 9 years of age and under.
- Senior Youth: Open to riders from 10-17 years old.
- Opem: Open to riders 18 years of age or older.
- Novice: Open to riders of all ages that do not accept payment for equine related services and have not won the Novice division at Wyoming Mustang Days in the past.
- Green Horse: Open to any horse/rider combination. Division is walk/trot only. Horses entered in this division may not cross enter into other divisions.
- Leadline: Open to riders 5 and under. Riders entered in this division may not cross enter into other divisions.
We offer a variety of classes and an official class list will be available on the entry form. Below is a list of classes typically offered at Wyoming Mustang Days. Read more about the classes and rules here.
- Hunter Hack
- Hunter Under Saddle
- English Equitation
- Western Pleasure
How to Enter
While we do accept day-of entries for Wyoming Mustang Days, we highly encourage advanced entries! This ensures our show runs as smoothly as it can and expedites things the morning of. Typically, the WMA offers an incentive for early entries so stay tuned to our Facebook page for updates!
The entry form will be available online via the official event listing and the link below when live.